Support for Agricultural Diversification Project
Main Objective of PADA
- Improve field productivity and post-harvest value added in targeted value chains
- Promote new areas of intervention such as small livestock farming
Areas of intervention
- Support the widespread adoption of improved technologies already tested in the initial phase with very positive results ;
- Guaranteeing food and nutritional security for the rice, fish, poultry and small ruminants sectors;
- Ensure the development of export-oriented value chains, namely pineapple and cashew nuts
The components of PADA
- Component 1 : Adoption of improved technologies and restoration of productivity
- Component 2 : The Development/
rehabilitation of irrigation and marketing infrastructure
- Component 3 : Coordination of value chains and agricultural financing
- Component 4 : Sectoral programme coordination and project management
The PADA Funds are intended to provide credit access facilities for project beneficiaries.
- Shared-cost funds: which are based on a shared-cost funding mechanism;
- Guarantee Funds: to support the financing of experienced promoters;
- Facility funds: which are based on a non-counterparty mechanism;
- Competitive funds: which use a call for projects procedure to finance innovative microprojects.
Overall, PADA-Nutrition aims to promote the production of diversified, nutrient-rich food in selected communities of marginalized small farmers.
- Support the intensification and diversification of food production;
- Reduce food losses and seasonality in food availability and increase the market value of food and;
- Ensure the management & administration, monitoring & evaluation of the project and dissemination of knowledge.