Results and impacts of the PADA
Expected qualitative results:
In total, eight results are expected at the end of the Project:
- household means of production in flood-affected areas are restored;
- Adaptive research results and technology demonstration and extension activities are developed and made available to actors/producers in targeted sectors;
- perimeters with partial and total control are developed/rehabilitated;
- market infrastructures are built/rehabilitated;
- institutions for coordination and management of value chains are established and/or strengthened;
- knowledge of the agricultural sector by financing institutions is improved;
- The APRM’s capacity to coordinate the implementation of the PSRSA and PNIA is strengthened;
- The Project Coordination Team is in place.
Expected quantitative results:
- At least 250,000 direct beneficiaries, at least 40% of whom are women, are supported by the Project.
This support will lead to the following improvements:
- The production quantity of cashew nuts and pineapples will be:
• cashew nuts: 200,000 tonnes;
• pineapple: 150,000 tonnes.
- The yield of rice, maize, pineapple, cashew nuts ( kg/ha) and fish ( kg/ha/year) in the project area will be respectively:
• Corn: 3,000 kg/ha;
• rice: 6000 kg/ha;
• cashew nut: 800 kg/ha ;
• pineapple: 70 000kg/ha;
• fish: 6000kg/ha/year
- The amount of production processed in the project area will be:
• rice: 100,000 tonnes;
• cashew nuts: 15,000 tonnes.