WAPP-Benin : West Africa Agricultural Productivity Program
A sub-regional project underway in 13 ECOWAS countries for agricultural innovation in Benin and West Africa
Main objective of WAPP
- Increase in an efficient and sustainable way the productivity of priority speculations in Benin and West Africa
- Generate and accelerate the adoption of improved technologies
Fields of activity
- Corn, rice, soybeans,
- Market gardening, pineapple, cashew nuts
- Fish, small ruminants and poultry
Components of WAAPP
- Component 1: Improving the conditions for regional cooperation in the development and dissemination of improved technologies
- Component 2: The National Specialization Centre
- Component 3: On-demand financing for technology development and adoption
- Component 4: Project Coordination, Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
Focus on CNS-Maize
The WAAPP-Benin houses the National Maize Specialization Centre.
Coordinated by CORAF, WAAPP-PPAAO is ongoing in 13 ECOWAS countries.
To date, nine (09) National Specialization Centres are operational and are intended to evolve into Regional Centres of Excellence (RCEs) for a better dissemination of technologies.
The MITA : Marketplace of Agricultural Technologies and Innovations (MITA)
MITA is an electronic platform for information and transactions (sale and purchase) on improved agricultural technologies. It presents the different agricultural innovations made by WAAPP-PPAAO beneficiary countries.
Agricultural innovations in Benin
En savoir plus
En savoir plus
- Combination of breeding plants (Aeschynomene histrix ou Stylosanthes Scabra) and litter for the production of maize in combination Seeding period/Planting
- Use of mixed flour in pastry making
- Annual report of the WAAPP-Benin as at 31 December 2016
- Annual report of the WAAPP-Benin as at 31 December 2015
- Grain sofa for storing corn in storage