Focus on the National Maize Specialisation Centre (CNS/Maize)
Component N°2 of the PPAAO-Benin, the CNS/Maize is created in 2011 and placed under the authority of the National Institute of Agricultural Research of Benin (INRAB) and housed at the Centre de Recherches Agricoles Sud (CRA-Sud).
The PPAAO-Benin provides the CNS/Maize with various support measures to strengthen its material and human resources and to implement maize research and development programmes.
Télécharger le document de présentation du CNS/Maïs.
Mission of the CNS-Maize
Produce scientific information and technologies to improve maize productivity in Benin and the West African sub-region, with the aim of contributing to food security.
Results of the CNS/Maize
- 8 projects
- 12 acquaintances
- 16 technologies
Some key knowledge generated by the CNS/Maize
- Information on the agromorphological characteristics of the different maize cultivars in Benin
- Information on the main factors of low soil fertility in maize production areas in the different agro-ecological zones.
- Soil fertility map of maize production areas in the different agro-ecological zones of Benin, with an indication of the factors that determine their fertility
- Geographical distribution map of maize production systems by agro-ecological zone of Benin
- Information on rhizobacteria with potential for promoting plant growth (PGPR) naturally occurring in the maize rhizosphere at the level of the various agrosystems in Benin
- Information on the usefulness of chitin to improve maize yields in Benin
Some key CNS/Maize technologies developed by CNS/Maize