Results and impacts of the ProCAD
Through the two projects under its supervision, ProCAD provides support through the following activities:
- promoting the adoption of improved technologies;
- the development of production and marketing infrastructures;
- the development of sustainable agricultural financing mechanisms;
- strengthening producer organisations, promoting the private agricultural sector and strengthening the partnership between these two categories of actors;
- support to the APRM for the implementation of the Strategic Plan for the Development of the Agricultural Sector and its National Agricultural Investment Plan (PSDSA/PNIA).
Results achieved since 2012
- Total production of 44.5 tonnes of pre-basic and basic maize and rice seed to meet the seed needs of certified seed producers for the 2013-2014 crop year.
- Finalization in progress of the procedures for financing the 20 selected research and technology transfer projects,
- Finalization in progress of the formalities for the start of the training of 10 PhD candidates and 10 MSc candidates.
- Bringing national texts into line with ECOWAS Regulations 3 and 4,
- Import of 8 technologies from WAAPP member countries.
- Definition of the fields and research axes of the CNS-Maize with the participation of 7 countries of the PPAAO.
- Completion of negotiations with CIRAD to support the accreditation of INRAB’s soil, water and environment laboratory in accordance with the requirements of ISO 17-025.